Sunday 10 July 2016

Take Flight

I recently purchased some Brusho pigment powders and have been playing with them today  - with a break to watch Andy Murray win the Wimbledon final.

I started by wetting watercolour card and then dropped the powders on to its surface.  The great thing with this method is that you never know what you are going to end up with. You are forced to take inspiration from the result.

I immediately saw a daisy like flower emerging so used a water pen and the fine tip of my Spectrum Aqua pens to delineate the petals.  I stamped a Sheena Douglass butterfly stamp with Versafine ink and then removed some of the colour from its wings to give an illusion of depth. The sentiment came with the butterfly stamp.



As I used yellow pigment and have included a butterfly and it is intended as a card for someone who is leaving behind her final school year and is moving on to a new phase in her life, I am entering it into the Butterfly Challenge where the brief is:

#57  Butterflies + Y is for Year with the additional option of  Y is for the colour Yellow. 

I know that there is no direct reference to a "year" but I hope that the inference is understood.

3 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Hello Lilian and welcome to my butterfly challenge. I'm pleased you have joined in. I like your thinking behind the card. Love the flower that you have created with the brushos. I have some too but sad to say I have only used them just once. So little time to try everything out. The butterfly is gorgeous. Thankyou for fluttering by. Hugs Mrs A.

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Hi nice to meet you over at the Butterfly challenge. What a beautiful background just love brusho. Good luck in the challenge. Pen x Guest DT

Cara said...

Lovely card, the flower you created in the background is wonderful. Cara x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails