Tuesday 20 November 2012

My First Christmas Card!

Yes, this is my first Christmas card of the year. Actually.... it is early for me.  I was motivated by this week's challenge over at Less is More.
Week 94

 This week

the  chosen theme is:

HARDWARE.



Now, I rarely use metal embellishments on my cards.  This is wholly due to my inability to let these trinkets go.  I did use some buttons on a card the other week so I am working on this flaw in my personality!!!!


The hardware that I have chosen to use are metal bells. I have had these for several years and bring them out at Christmas time with the intention of using them.  This is the year that they are being used.  Not only on cards but as charms for fun Christmas earrings that I will be selling at upcoming craft fairs.

The base card is 6"x 6".  I stamped the Stamps by Chloe wreath on to a slightly smaller mount before embossing it with e snowflake folder in my Big Shot.  Not as easy as it sounds as the folder is A6! The sentiment was stamped using Brilliance ink and the punched out to place in the centre. The edges of the embossed card were inked with Distress Ink - Peeled Paint ( as is the wreath)
Ribbon from my stash and pearl embellishments from Meiflower completed the card.

11 comments:

Chrissie said...

What pretty little bells!
Pretty card too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Elaine said...

Pretty card - well done on using your bells!

Jenny said...

Gorgeous wreath Lilian and the bells just go perfectly with it.... think I have some saved from a certain chocolate reindeer treat :0)
Jenny x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, Lilian. The wreath with the bells is so pretty and lovely embossing too. Sue x

Kathyk said...

Delightful card

Kathyk

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful wreath! Those little bells really take it up a notch, although it was pretty high up to begin with!

Jen Nelson said...

gorgeous card lilian

thanks for joining us
Jen x
Less Is More

sally said...

What a beautiful card.

Sally

Deb said...

Fabulous card. Love that stamp.

Darnell said...

So pinned! So winning! Congratulations, Lilian, for another shoutout from LIM!!

AnnieFanny said...

I love your wreath --- 4 years later! I just found your card on Pinterest--- it is awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails