Thursday 11 October 2012

Falling Leaves

Although I have been retired for over a year from my post in education, I still work in a few schools on a voluntary basis. This is something that I must admit that I do for selfish reasons - I feel that it is a privilege to work with children and I am  now delighted to do this without having to experience the local politics and stress that most in the sector have to endure on a daily basis.  A bit like being a grandparent - all the fun but able to go home and have a cup of tea in peace (or craft) at the end of the day!!


 Today I was with a class at their "Forest School" session.  We were...wait for it.... building nests!

This is my group after completing their nest and taking the opportunity to try it out. Who says learning has to happen in the classroom!







As you can imagine, there were copious amounts of leaves lying on the ground that the children used to good effect to make their nest comfortable.  This inspired me when I returned home to search out a leaf stamp and a pot of Debbie Moore's Silver Metal Magic.

 I knew that the challenge this week at Less is More was to use SILVER as a colour so I decided to combine these two elements to produce this card.











Metal Magic is a coarse embossing powder that can be stamped into when heated to create a "metal" embellishment. I was worried that I would melt the stamp (Free from Craft Stamper mag) in the process but it remains unaffected.


 

4 comments:

Mandi said...

What a great effect
FAbulous card


Thanks very much
mandi
LIM

Monica said...

Lovely metallic card... glad that the stamp could take the heat...

Loved reading what you wrote about children and being with them.

Monica xxx

Suze Bain said...

Looks like you had a fun day! Your card is fabulous, love the effect you've created with that embossing powder. (this would also fit this week's CASology challenge) xx

Sue said...

A beautiful card, those leaves look fabulous. Thank you for sharing that technique. Sue x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails