Tuesday 22 May 2012

Less is More Challenge week 68

The LIM challenge this week is to make a card suitable for:
a BABY or a CHILD

I have kept it very simple this week as I am still recovering from a very hectic weekend in Edinburgh. 

I have chosen to use a Quickutz stork die that I remember that I spent months trying to buy at a reasonable cost from Ebay. It had been discontinued and was selling for ridiculous sums.  My patience paid off however, as Quickutz reintroduced it for a short period and I was able to purchase it at the recommended price.


The card stock is a pale blue.  I chose this so that the white of the stork and bundle would stand out. I also used a square frame die to cut a glittery base for the stork to sit on.  The sentiment was the last of a set of silver rub-ons that I have found invaluable .  I wonder if I will be able to find some more?





As a postscript, here are some photos that I took at the weekend.  I was invited to the hen weekend of a friend's daughter. It was game of her to invite some "oldies" to the celebrations.  The cupcakes were made during a cupcake decoration class.

7 comments:

Chrissie said...

I can see why you were anxious to get this die, it's super and the card is fab!
Looks like you had a good weekend.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jenny said...

I love the die too Lilian...it looks great in white on the sparkly frame, fantastic CAS design :0)
Jenny x

lin_ka1 said...

Lili
I like not only your card. Chicken costume is also great. Did you have fun when taking the card and during the weekend.

Suze Bain said...

No wonder you're tired Lilian, looks like great fun though! Love your sweet little stork in the sparkly frame, haven't seen that die before. xx

Deanna said...

Sweet card. Love the die you used!

Mandi said...

Terrific card
what a super die
FAB photos
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous die, and a super duper card with it.
Congratulations on this card being Showcased on Less is More

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails